Dalchini has been described as ‘Tvak’ in Ayurveda and used in various ailments like flu, indigestion, edema and cough etc. The material is available in roll, cigar and split forms.
Important uses of Dalchini are:
- Nausea and Vomiting: Take one small piece of Dalchini and chew. It also helps removing foul smell and strengthens teeth.
- Dental caries: A swab dipped in its oil and put on affected teeth for a while.
- Headache: Apply paste of its powder on forehead.
- Common cold: Take 1 part of powder with 4 part of honey two/ three times a day.
- Swelling with pain: Apply paste of its powder on affected part.
- Indigestion/ Stomachache/ Intestinal spasm/ flatulence: Powder of Dalchini mixed with honey or in tea or as spice in food can be used.
- Higher sugar level: It is also used for lowering blood sugar levels in 5 gm per day with honey (known diabetic patients may use with caution).
- Arthritis: Since it is a good pain and swelling reliever, its powder with some honey (1:2 ratio) can be used before breakfast.
- Skin Infections/ Cuts/ Wounds: Since it is a good germicidal, paste of cinnamon powder with honey in equal quantities help in curing cuts and wounds.